The Academy is expected to contribute, according to international experience, to the education and training of professionals in practical and theoretical aspects of industrial property, under OBI’s responsibility.
In particular, it is expected to:
- Develop a national system of education, training and certification in the field of industrial property which will lead to the acquisition of the Title of certified patent advisor (patent attorneys);
- Promote the development and harmonization of education and training in the field of Hellenic, European and international industrial property law;
- Promote equal access to educational opportunities in the field of Hellenic, European and international industrial property law;
- To contribute to the strengthening of Greek innovation by improving the skills of the users of Hellenic and European Community industrial property law;
- To strengthen initiatives aimed at cooperation between certified patent advisors and intellectual and industrial property lawyers;
- To draft program agreements and, in general, to develop awareness initiatives in collaboration with international organizations and higher education institutions in Greece, without prejudice to Article 48 of Law 4485/2017 (114/A), and abroad or in collaboration with other bodies, aiming at training and educating patent attorneys, strengthening research activities that can lead to the securing of industrial property titles and to imposing intellectual property rights.
- To carry out, in collaboration with the bodies of the aforementioned case, research projects pertaining to industrial property and its contribution to innovation.